I just recently been hired and will submit a lot of documents. One of these are Brgy. Clearance, NBI and other papers that are required for my new office. At this day, I was able to get my Brgy. Clearance and Community tax Certificate. But upon getting all these, I have noticed something, something that is really bothering.
To get my Brgy clearance, I must have the certificate from our village. I went to the home owner's association's office; I've met the mid 40's woman and assisted me. She checked first if we have paid all our monthly dues. After that, she said, "kailangan mo magbayad ng 10.00 Php, wala na kasi ako pam paxerox eh", then, I was hesitant for a moment, because on my mind, why should I pay for it, I'm paying my monthly dues regularly, wasn't that covers my certificate?. Then, I gave her my 10.00 Php with a bit of disappointment. My thought is, though its just a small amount, what if everyone in my village is paying for it? and it's not about the amount, it's about what they are doing, which is very wrong. Another thing is they don't even issue receipt. Well, I rest my case on that.
Then, I went to the Barangay office. Supposedly someone will be given a clearance after checking if there are any cases or derogatory records. To my surprise, they just asked my name, asked for 25.00 pesos again without receipt then type my name in the template, then signed and gave it to me. If I am not mistaken, they should have checked my name first from their list or system if I have records, but nothing, no checking was ever done. Brgy. Clearance is just a piece of paper, one way of collecting money and corruption too.
Oh well, imagine it in the big picture, in the Congress, Senate and other Bureaus, how do they handle people's money? No wonder, we always hear news about Government officials squandering our money. Even if it's only 10 or 25 pesos, it is still considered corruption. I don't know how else would our Government be changed if from the smallest unit they do their own ways of corruption. Even if getting Office's supplies like a ream of bond paper or bundle of pens, whatever we get that is not rightfully ours it is still stealing, it is still corruption. I HOPE, there is still HOPE for our ways to change.

No comments:
Post a Comment